About Me...Your Power Plant Consultant and Specialist
Hello generator operators and owners,
My name is Mark Barrett and I help power plants solve problems and close gaps.
- What I’d like for you to know, about me, is:
- I’ve worked in power plants, gasification, and refineries, for over 30 years.
- I’ve learned that running a power plant, safely and reliably, is hard. Lots of problems to solve, regulatory compliance is complex,…..and there’s just not enough hours in a day.
- My goal is to find a solution for your plant’s need, gap, or problem.
- I offer a wide variety of technical experience aimed at providing you with safe and reliable solutions.
- My vision is to be the first choice for safe and high-quality consulting solutions for your power plant.
Let’s fix your problem.
Oh...one other thing:
All the services in these pages....I've actually performed.
What I've Done
Positions Held / Skills / Accomplishments
- 4 Plant Start Ups as a Control Room Operator, Shift Supervisor, or Operations Manager
- Distributed Controls Systems (DCS) logic/graphics building, troubleshooting, and tuning since 1998: I'm fluent with the major DCS from GE, Siemens, and Emerson.
- HRSG Water Chemistry program building, troubleshooting, and training for multiple plants: I'm EPRI trained and mentors include Barry Dooley, Jim Matthews, and Bill Strohman.
- At LSP-Whitewater, we progressed a 20 year-old, cycling HRSG from superheater tube leaks every 7 weeks to once per year.
Companies I've worked for include:
- Ethos Energy, NAES, Duke Energy
- Conoco-Phillips, Phillips 66, Calumet Montana Refining
- Destec Energy, Global Energy, Inc.
- US Navy
- Gas Turbine Combined Cycle including single shaft technology
- GE 7FA and 7HA Gas Turbines
- Mitsubishi / Siemens W501FC+ Gas Turbines
- Siemens / Westinghouse W251B12 Gas Turbines
- GE D11, A651; and Westinghouse Steam Turbines
- Entrained-Flow Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC, E-Gas)
- Air Separation (liquid nitrogen and oxygen production)