Power Plant Commissioning and Startup Solutions
Did you know...?
- For new plants; the pre-startup and commissioning phase offers the chance to get things right:
- Valves in accessible places, process issues corrected....and operator training
- The DCS logic needs to completed and error-checked such that Control Room Operators can properly operate the plant. (This is always a problem in new plants.) Also - don't forget about the graphics.
- One of the most overlooked issues in startup and commissioning is heat trace and insulation for the upcoming winter.
- Building good, operational procedures during this period requires technical experise and operational experience. After all, the staff hasn't seen the plant run.
- EPC's and OEM's are primarily focused on completing the project on or ahead of schedule.
I can help if...
- You need a techical expert with the experience of 4 plant startups over 27 years.
- You'd rather have someone who's been a Control Room Operator and an Operations Manager through those startups.
- You'd rather have someone who can troubleshoot and correct process control (DCS) logic issues.
- You need someone who can represent the Owner/Operator through the EPC and OEM activities.
- System/Equipment/P&ID Walkdowns
- Commissioning & Startup Support
- Control Room Operator
- Commissioning Lead
- DCS Process Controls - logic building, graphics building, and error-checking
- Standard Operating and Environmental Operating Procedures writing
- Owner/Operator Representative
- Location: Onsite
- Cost: Billed at hourly rate plus travel, per diem, and expenses
- Gas Turbine Combined Cycle including single shaft technology
- GE 7FA and 7HA Gas Turbines
- Mitsubishi W501FC+ Gas Turbines
- GE D11, A651; and Westinghouse Steam Turbines
- Entrained-Flow Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC, E-Gas)